Feedzilla

Jackson Browne cools on Obama


Labels: WRLTHD Music News

By CAITLIN MCDEVITT 
(Photo Credit: AP)
Jackson Browne will vote for President Obama in November, but he’s not excited about it.
“It wouldn’t and shouldn’t be a f---ing surprise to anybody that I’m going to vote for Obama,” the singer recently told The Wrap. “But honestly Obama once again has joined the ranks of the lesser of two evils. The great parade of people that the progressives get to vote for who are the lesser of two evils and who don’t really represent what I believe in any overwhelming balance.”
Browne, who backed Obama in 2008, is feeling disenchanted with the president these days.
“Look, Obama told me in a personal conversation that he wasn’t up for any new [nuclear] plants. Obviously, he changed his mind at some point. But what a surprise that one of his main supporters is the energy company, Exelon -- which has nuclear plants -- and that he would suddenly change his policy,” Browne said. “I don’t know what we would expect. He’s just as a beholden to the people who put him in office as any of the Republicans would be. But what’s a mystery to me is how he installed pretty much the exact same infrastructure in his administration that deals with finances as the administration that we thought we voted out. That’s really a shocker.”
Browne said he remains “involved politically” but won’t raise money for any presidential candidate this election cycle.
“It's a game of chicken. So I’m not going to participate,” he said. “Every day it’s like a fever. Like, ‘Oh  my God, if we don’t have $27,000 by tonight the DCC won’t think we’re being effective.’ I mean I’m sorry, I can’t.”

No comments:

Post a Comment