Feedzilla

Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: what the star's think




Labels: WRLTHD Entertainment news


LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Betty White attends her 89th birthday party at Le Cirque in New York City on January 18, 2011 Caption The 18th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations were announced on Wednesday morning, and this year’s nominees are over the moon with excitement!


“This is incredible to be recognized by my fellow members of the Screen Actors Guild for two of my favorite projects. I couldn’t do the work I do on TV Land’s ‘Hot in Cleveland’ without the support and love of my fellow cast mates Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, the amazing writers, and of course the show’s creator, Suzanne Martin. Also, I have always wanted to do a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie and “The Lost Valentine” was an amazing experience due mostly to Jennifer Love Hewitt, Darnell Martin(the director), the producers and the wonderful folks at Hallmark Hall of Fame. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.” - Betty White, nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries for “Hallmark Hall of Fame: The Lost Valentine,” and Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series for “Hot In Cleveland”


** “I am incredibly moved and so grateful to my fellow actors for recognizing my role in ‘Moneyball’ with this nomination. I feel so lucky to be an actor today as I do everyday. I owe a huge thanks and much credit to our entire cast and crew, our writers, and especially to our fearless leader and director Bennett Miller and to Brad Pitt, the most generous onscreen partner anyone could hope for. Having my work honored today by my peers pushes me to work even harder.” - Jonah Hill, nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role, “Moneyball”


**


“It’s an honor to be recognized by your peers and I thank my fellow SAG members for this nomination and am proud to have been a part of such an incredible ensemble, as well as Woody Allen’s vision.” - Owen Wilson, nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, “Midnight in Paris”


** “I am enormously touched by this nomination from the SAG membership. I’ve been at this for a long time, and it is always gratifying to be recognized for a performance. “Warrior” was a little film but it has a big heart, and it was a real labor of love for Gavin O’Connor who directed the movie. More than anything I hope that this nomination creates some renewed interest in the picture.” - Nick Nolte, Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role, “Warrior”


**


“We’re so grateful for the nominations from the Screen Actors Guild. Our cast was a close-knit group lead by George Clooney and Alexander Payne. Aside from a career best performance, George was a generous actor who allowed everyone an opportunity to shine. We are so happy and proud of this sensational ensemble.”


- Jim Burke, Producer of “The Descendants,” nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment