Feedzilla

Betty White Declines Marine Invite

Betty White attends her 89th birthday party at Le Cirque in New York City
Betty White became the first celebrity to turn down an invite to a Marine Corps event on Monday.

Access Hollywood reported that Sgt. Ray Lewis, who has served in Afghanistan and Iraq, invited White via YouTube, following in the footsteps of previous marines who had gone the same route and earned dates from Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake.

"She's funny, she's sweet, she's mature. She's the all-around perfect woman," Sgt. Lewis said of White. "I really think we'd have a good time. I'm fun, you know… I think I can make her laugh. I think she can make me laugh. I think we can laugh together," he said, before adding "Call me!"

White released her statement to Access Hollywood:

"I am deeply flattered and truly appreciate the invitation, as everyone knows I love a man in uniform… but unfortunately I cannot accept, as I will be taping an episode of 'Hot in Cleveland. Love, Betty White."

Kunis and Timberlake appeared on NBC's "Today" show on Monday to confirm they would both be attending separate Marine Corps Balls, Kunis with Sgt. Scott Moore and Timberlake with Cpl. Kelsey De Santis.

The two noted that there is more than one Marine Corps ball: Kunis will be attending the one in North Carolina on Nov. 18, while Timberlake will be going to one in Washington, D.C., on Nov. 12.

"Marines have a lot of balls," Kunis joked.

No comments:

Post a Comment